Rice Cakes with Almond Butter (Pre- workout)
This serves one and is vegetarian, gluten free, low in sodium and lactose free – it is a perfect pre workout snack.
- 2 Gluten free Brown Rice cakes
- 4 tsp. Natural Almond Butter (or Peanut Butter)
- Ground cinnamon
- Spread 2 tsp. Almond Butter on each rice cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Yogurt Parfait (Pre- workout)
Sounds fancy, but it’ll only take you 3 minutes to throw together. This can be assembled the night before and stored in the fridge ready to put into a disposable cup and have with a plastic spoon to have on the way to training!
- 1/2 cup Granola
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- Handful of berries
- In a glass add 2 tablespoon of berries
- Layer it with 2 tablespoon of yogurt and top it with berries
Avocado Tuna Salad (Post- Workout)
This salad can be prepared as a big batch and had for lunch, dinner or even smaller after- workout snacks. Swap the mayo for avocado in this healthy recipe!
- 2 cans of flaked Light Tuna
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped Celery
- 1/2 cup chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 Red Apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted Wallnuts
- 1 T pickle juice (or water- if using increase salt slightly)
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl mash up avocado with back of fork or potato masher.
- Add in tuna, celery, red onion, apple and walnuts. Mix well.
- Add in pickle juice, dried dill, Dijon, cumin and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve on bread, top on salad or eat plain.
Spinach and Egg White Omelette (Post- Workout)
Combine the protein of egg whites with the nutrients of spinach to refuel your body after a sweat session. Half the recipe to make a smaller, snack- size portion.
- 3 Egg whites
- 1 tbsp. Water
- 1 cup baby Spinach
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup low-fat Cottage Cheese
- Sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Diced tomatoes, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites and water. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium- high heat. Add spinach and season with salt and pepper. Stir for a minute, until leaves are wilted and tender
- Add in egg whites and cook until almost set. Using a spatula, lightly lift up sides around the outside of the omelette and let any uncooked egg whites run underneath
- Spread cottage cheese on top of omelette in the middle, and sprinkle with Parmesan. Fold each side of the omelette over onto itself, covering the cottage cheese.
- Serve with some diced tomatoes.