Welcome to your start of the week motivation post – get psyched, get pumped and most of all get comfy because this week we’re looking at “Eating for Results”. We all think we know what we should be eating, but the question I would throw at you, is do we really? What makes a great meal? What are some options? We thought we would look at each meal and offer some suggestion to perhaps help you to mix it up. Breakfast is often a bit ‘hit and miss’ amongst the RIM clients, for some it’s the favourite meal of the day, and others, we’re well aware, it’s a case of “you’re lucky that I shoved anything in there whilst I was trying to get dressed, shave, answer morning emails, and drive my car”. Here are some suggestions that you might want to take on board:
1. Protein Oats (1 scoop protein powder), 30-40g rolled oats, almond milk/skim milk/coconut milk, 1 tablespoon trail mix, cinnamon, ¼ cup berries, drizzle of honey
2. 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites, 2 slices of good quality bread (Burgen is a decent brand to try – I personally like the Dark Rye or the Soy and Linseed)
3. Morning shake: 1-2 scoops protein powder, 250ml almond/coconut/skim milk, ½ frozen banana, ¼ cup berries, 1 tablespoon LSA/ 1 teaspoon chia seeds, honey
4. ½ cup cottage cheese, ¾ cup blueberries, 2 tbs slivered almonds, ½ cup bran cereal, cinnamon, drizzle of honey
5. Pre-made egg muffin – so many recipes out there: Yummy Egg Breakfast Muffin is a great one
If you fuel your day properly, you should help to ward off sugar cravings and hunger, so start this week on a good note and make sure you’re eating your brekky!