This porridge recipe is easy and delicious! No wonder I’ve had it so many mornings recently. If you’re intolerant to oats or just wanting to try a new version of porridge, this is the recipe for you!
Coconut Almond Grain Free Porridge
• ¾ cup (180 ml) unsweetened almond milk
• 6 tablespoons (39 grams) unsweetened shredded coconut
• 3 tablespoons (21 grams) blanched almond meal/flour
• 1½ tablespoons (about 10 grams) golden flaxseed meal
• ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) pure vanilla extract
• Pinch of sea salt
Place all ingredients in a saucepan and gently heat while stirring. You can add your choice of flavourings and natural sweeteners eg cinnamon, coconut sugar, maple syrup.
The porridge is ready once it starts to thicken which usually only takes a couple of minutes.
Top with your preferred choice of fruit, nuts and seeds. Drizzle some more maple syrup or honey if needed and enjoy!