Nice work on deciding to take your health and fitness to the next level and choosing to work with an exercise professional. It’s important you hire someone who will help reach your goals but will also keep you feeling comfortable, motivated and inspired throughout the process. The main things to take into consideration are:
- Certificates + Qualifications. It should go without saying that this is a must have. This ensures they have met certain standards of professionalism and competence from a trustworthy organisation.
- Personality. Some people do well with positive reinforcement, while others like to get screamed at into doing a few extra reps. You might want to have a conversation or interview before you start training.
- Location. Lucky for all our members we are a mobile business! So we can come to you. This decision comes down to your own personal preference whether you prefer to train in our indoor location (Huntingtower gym), or at our outdoor location (Alma Park) OR from the privacy & comfort of your own living room/ backyard.
- Specialities. If you’re looking for something specific (Pilates, running, power lifting, boxing) you’ll want to work with a PT who specialises in that specific sport. They will have more expertise in that desired area, but chances are they’ll be more passionate about it.
- Availability. Find out their schedule, how far in advance will you need to book appointments, can you make up any missed sessions and what is the cancellation policy?
- Cost. Before you start making decisions sit down and think about your budget. Session prices depend on total of sessions, how many people training (1:1, 2:1, 3:1 or small group training) and method of payment (direct debit, 10/20 pack purchases).
Choosing the right PT can be a little hard. It’s a good idea to look out for a knowledgeable and experienced trainer who feels like the most natural fit for you. RIM Trainers are all fully qualified and are taking on new clients everyday, so if you have any questions about anything PT related – message us now!