Suddenly it’s upon us again! Frocks, horses, bubbles and FUN times! If you’re heading to any of the Spring Racing carnival events this year then no doubt you’re probably in a position where you need to drop some of Winter kgs quickly. As we emerge from the coldness and covered-upness that is Winter, it’s often a shock to the system to have to get out and about and frock up! Cue detoxing, training, tanning – suddenly you’re a poster girl for all things wellness 🙂
So let’s be honest, you officially have 12 days until the first major event – Derby Day, and good news is that if the Melbourne Cup is your goal, then you guys have a full 2 weeks. Trust me – you can make a massive impact your waistline in 2 weeks. BUT – the crucial point is – you have to spring into action now (like the “spring” pun?!). Now not all of us are in a position to whisk ourselves off to Bali for a 10 day detox/fitness retreat, so you’ve got to put the steps in at home. Here’s a check list that you can work through to drop some body fat, feel great and ensure that you’re looking your best at the races this year.
- Training Plan – Results Based. Ok so I’m going to list 2 training plans in this list, this first one, the Training Plan – Results Based, is your “get ready to work your ass off”, “it’s going hurt like hell”, “yes you will be sore:” training plan. This training plan needs to be a combination of the following 2 disciplines – HIIT training and WEIGHTS training. If you’re working with a Personal Trainer, or have access to a Boot Camp then you better be giving 100%, 100% of the time. Train like you WANT to change your body. If you’re not sure on the exact workout to do – touch base with us and we can guide you on specifics
- Training Plan – Commitment. This is the second training plan and requires you to just go through the motions diligently on a daily basis. It’s not forever, I get it that it’s a massive ask + grind but the more you can commit here, the more chance you have of a quick kg drop. Commit to going for a run or a long power walk every night or first thing every morning (dependent on when your Results Based Training sesh is). Get out there and get the cardio happening. It will stop you snacking in the evening and will knock a few more calories off you
- Nutrition – Removal of Crap – Normally I’m not a massive advocate of cutting stuff out of your diet as it’s not sustainable for manageable for long periods of time, quite often it leads to binging. HOWEVER – you have literally 12-14 days to make a difference so we’re going with the following:
- NO sugar
- NO alcohol
- NO white foods (pasta, rice, crackers, potatoes)
- LIMITED dairy
- LIMITED carbs after lunch time
- Nutrition – Addition of Health – It’s not all about cutting out, we need to make sure while we’re removing the crap, we increase the good! So these things are applicable all year round, but if you want to increase your energy, top up your vitamins, flush out the junk then work to adding the following things in:
- INCREASE water intake to 3L per day (additional 1-1.5L if you are training hard)
- INCREASE veggies massively – try to eat raw, fresh and at least 2 meals per day
- INCREASE lean meat/protein – you’ll need to fill up on something so focus on this instead of carbs
- INCREASE fruit for energy – if you find cutting the starchy carbs is leaving you depleted, have some fresh fruit
If you get your diet right, massively increase your training and CONSISTENTLY do all the above for 12 days, you WILL notice a difference. Don’t believe me? Take a photo in your undies at the start of the 12 days, then take one at the end. If you can hand on heart say your didn’t stray from the plan of attack above, then you should PROUDLY notice a massive difference. May the force be with you people – let’s prep for one of the most fun times in Melbourne and look amazing when you’re suited and booted and frocked up. Have fun!