This simple poached egg and avocado recipe is so simple and too delicious not to make if you’ve got a 6 minutes to spare in the morning. Do yourself a favour and get that protein into you!
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Slices Whole grain bread
- 1/3 avocado
- 2 Tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper for topping
- Fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, or basil) for topping
- Quartered cherry tomatoes for serving
- Cook the eggs how you like (poached, boiled, scrambled are best)
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread and smash the avocado on each piece of toast. When the eggs are done place them on top of the toast
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and fresh herbs; serve with quartered heirloom tomatoes.
Everyone loves a chicken salad! This recipe serves 4 so you can store them in your fridge for the week and have them ready to go for when you’re on the go.
- (For the dressing) 1/3 Cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- (For the Salad) 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 head frisee lettuce
- 1 small rotisserie chicken, cut into chunks removing skin is optional
- 2 heirloom tomatoes cut in chunks or sliced
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1 oz prosciutto, shredded
- 2 boiled eggs quartered
- 4 oz Roquefort, Gorgonzola or blue cheese, cut in chunks
- Whisk together olive oil, shallots, vinegar and Dijon until combined. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tear romaine lettuce and frisee into large pieces.
- Arrange lettuces on a platter, toss with a little dressing then arrange chicken, tomato, avocado prosciutto, egg and blue cheese in rows. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad.
This healthy beef and broccoli recipe is not only is this absolutely delicious, but it’s also super fast to prepare and healthy, too. It is also very easy to switch out the soy sauce for a gluten- free soy sauce to make the meal gluten- free. This is also really nice with some simple steamed rice. This only takes 20 minutes to make and tasty, easy and healthy and serves 4.
- 1 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 lb flank steak thinly sliced across the grain
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 4 cup broccoli florets about 2 small crowns
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup low- sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium- high heat. Add the beef and cook until well- browned, about 6-8 minutes. Once well- browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add garlic shallot and green onions to the beef drippings. Cook one minute, stirring frequently. Add broccoli and cover for 5 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine water and cornstarch and mix until no longer lumpy. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Add cornstarch mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Remove cover from pan and add sauce. Cook until sauce starts to thicken, about 3-5 minutes. Add beef and stir to combine, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice, if desired.