Oh yes! Oh yes! We can all feel it coming – that Easter public holiday run is within our reach! YAY for Good Friday and Easter Monday – BRING ON the long weekend hey? Easter can sometimes be a more devastating time than Christmas for falling off the bandwagon. Easter screams hot cross buns, chocolate eggs, chocolate bunnies, more hot cross buns and definitely even more chocolate eggs! High sugar, high fat combined with potential high alcohol intake = FULL SCALE EASTER CHUBBIES!!!
So what can you do to prevent a landslide of epic proportions this weekend? Results in Motion have listed some tips below that help to “keep it semi real” across this time of the year, and also some food facts that you may or may not (or maybe CHOOSE not) to be aware of!
- Beware the bunny! The total number of grams in chocolate bunny can be quite disturbing. For example if you consume a medium-large size Cadbury Bunny, you have almost consumed the equivalent of a family block of chocolate.
- Even more so…. Beware the mini Egg – 4 mini solid chocolate eggs is equivalent to half a normal chocolate bar #devastation #whaddaymeanIscoffed20!!!!!!
- Hot Cross Buns – on average are about 200 calories – if you consume 6 of these in one day you have basically eaten your entire calorie intake.
- If you are drinking this Easter, pick one night out of the 4 day period, and enjoy it – keep it decent the other 3
- Do NOT overbuy chocolate for friends and family, the last thing you need is to be stuck with a stack of Easter gifts that you didn’t end up giving – you will inadvertently add them to your own stash. Trust me.
- Commit to 2 out of the 4 days to train – you will not only burn off some of the excess sugar, but you will also feel better about yourself.
So enjoy the weekend, but be mindful of undoing all your good work and blowing everything completely out of (chocolate) control. Happy Easter!