We all know how important exercising every day is for you. Let’s actually take a look at the Australian Physical Activity Guidelines to see what we all should be aiming for each day…
The Australian Government’s Physical Activity Guidelines state that:
• Doing any physical activity is better than doing none. If you currently do no physical activity, start by doing some, and gradually build up to the recommended amount.
• Be active on most, preferably all, days every week.
• Accumulate 150 to 300 minutes (2 ½ to 5 hours) of moderate intensity physical activity or 75 to 150 minutes (1 ¼ to 2 ½ hours) of vigorous intensity physical activity, or an equivalent combination of both moderate and vigorous activities, each week.
• Do muscle strengthening activities on at least two days each week.
With this being stated – are you meeting your daily physical activity levels? To maintain health and reduce your risk of health problems, health professionals and researchers recommend a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity on most, preferably all, days.
For a quick snapshot on why you should be exercising everyday – we’re going to list 10 benefits of training:
1. Prevent some serious health problems like heart disease, colorectal and breast cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
2. Control your blood pressure, blood sugar, and weight.
3. Lower your “bad” cholesterol and raise your “good” cholesterol.
4. Improve your overall appearance (well-shaped body and healthier and younger looking skin).
5. Make your bones, muscles, and joints stronger.
6. Reduce falls and pain from arthritis.
7. Strengthen your willpower.
8. Lower your chances of becoming depressed and increase your cheerfulness.
9. Improve your night sleep.
10. Strengthen your immune system and increase your energy levels.
Keep up the raining folks 👍🏻 You’re doing much more good for your body than you may realise!